UTURN - 11/12/17
THE GOSPEL CENTERED LIFE: WEEK 3 - GOSPEL CENTERED MISSION
"Our mission is to live lives that reflect the love, grace, and transforming power of the Gospel."
The three components of Gospel Centered Mission: Good works, Good will, Good news.
1. GOOD WORKS: FAITH EXPRESSED THROUGH ACTION
If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. James 2:15-17
Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18
2. GOODWILL: FAITH EXPRESSED THROUGH UNDERSTANDING
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. Matthew 5:9
Do to others as you would have them do to you. Luke 6:31
3. GOOD NEWS: FAITH EXPRESSED THROUGH EVANGELISM
He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. Mark 16:15
SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
- In your opinion, what are the characteristics of a genuine Christian?
- Is there a difference between SAYING you're a Christian and BEING a Christian? If so, what is it?
- What ways do you express your faith through action?
- Which is your greatest strength at the moment: good works, goodwill, or good news?
- What is your greatest weakness: good works, goodwill, or good news? How can you work on that?
- What kind of opportunities for good works would you like to see at UTURN?
QUESTIONS OR PRAYER REQUESTS?
No matter what your question is or what you're going through, we're here for you! Leave a message using the form below and we'll get back to you ASAP!